Sunday, October 12, 2008

What Do People Really Think?

As a teacher, I like to tell my students that I am seventy seven years old. Wow! Even my seven year old daughter believes this. Scary, huh? What makes it even funnier is that my ten year old son plays along with it all.

Anyway... a few weeks ago, my daughter got a new girl in her class. Being that her mother is a teacher just next door to her classroom, she was at school early that day. So, being the social butterfly she is, she introduced herself to the new girl and her mom.

Addison: My mom is seventy seven years old.

Mom: Really?

Addison: And my dad has a pacemaker.

I wonder what that poor mother was thinking. Was she thinking that Addison was making this story up? Does Addison live with her grandparents? Or was she thinking that Addison's parents were crazy to have children at such an old age?

I wonder... What do people really think?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hilarious!!

johnson six said...

That is sssooo funny! Your poor sweet little girl has no idea that this Mom is probably going WHAT! Although, my mom had my little sis when she was 43, so she's actually in that boat. My sis is 16 and for years people have thought my mom was her grandmother, your story could be a little plausible.